I can’t believe the end of summer (at least up north) is coming to an end. Our weekend around here will include celebrating my 25th birthday with a day of tubing down a river and exploring and relaxing in the city.
The Liebster Award
The Norwegian Girl was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award which is a fun blogger to blogger questionnaire. If you are nominated you are to 1) share 11 random facts about yourself and 2) answer 11 questions of the person who nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I love old movie musicals. I grew up with the Sound of Music and never go a Christmas season without watching White Christmas at least once.
2) I’m an only child.
3) I am a morning person. I love productive Saturday mornings.
4) I hate acronyms. You can see my rant about that on my About page.
5) I‘m a coffee drinker but I am NOT a fan of Starbucks coffee. It taste burnt.
6) I just moved to New Orleans, LA.
7) I’m turning 25 in two days but I’m not worried, I had my mini quarter-life crisis at 24
8) I love to travel and I’m hoping to fit in a couple trips this year.
9) I can be really high strung….so I try to do lots of yoga and spend time with my laid back BF to combat this.
10) I try to cut back on TV, but my guilty pleasures are Scandal, Vampire Diaries, and Downton Abbey.
11) I am not named after her, but my parents considered the name Blair after watching the 80′s TV show The Facts of Life.
11 Questions from The Norwegian Girl:
1) What is your favorite book?- I have only read it once and need to re-read it, but I enjoyed A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.
2) What did you want to be when you grow up?- I always wanted to be a business lady and would play “office” when was little.
3) Cat person or dog person?- I grew up a cat person. But I want a dog so bad. You can often find me looking at rescue dogs on my phone.
4) Favorite ice cream flavor?- Mint Chocolate Chip….it is so darn refreshing.
5) How many countries have you traveled to?- 9 not counting my own. Most are in Europe from my semester I spent abroad in college.
6) Why did you start blogging?- To hold myself accountable to my goal to pay off student debt and to keep me busy when my boyfriend moved 8 states away and I moved home with my parents for a year.
7) If you could have any super power what would it be?- Not sure. Maybe photographic memory?
8) Favorite Fast Food?- I try to avoid fast food, but I do have a weakness for Taco Bell.
9) Do you speak any other language than English?- I really wish I did. I am horrible with spelling my own language, so learning others is not easy for me. Much more of a numbers person.
10) What do you hope the future will bring?- I hope it will bring a career I am passionate about that can include a work/life balance.
11) What is your ideal day off? – Starting the day off with clean eating and a great workout and ending it with good friends, food, and drinks.
So that is a bunch of random facts of about me.
I hope everyone has a very safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend!