While I am well aware that the odds of hitting the Lottery is very, very slim. According to Powerball.com the chances of winning tonight’s powerball drawing is 1 in 176 million. I don’t usually participate in the Lottery. Yet despite my logical brain, when the jackpot hit 320 million I bought a few tickets. In my book, sometimes the money is worth the “what if” feeling. Even if it is just to irrationally daydream with your coworkers or family about what you could do or would do. I have spent a few dollars on worse things in my day (a starbucks drink that tasted awful, a cheap souvenir that will never be used).
So I thought it would be fun to list off what I would do If I hit the Lotto (these are the first things that came to me in no particular order)
- Pay off all of my loans
- Pay off all the loans and mortgages of my friends and family
- Quit my job
- Fly to Hawaii for vacation
- Buy real estate (real estate empire, like Trump perhaps?)
- Go back to school (for whatever my heart desires)
- Go hiking in the rockies, safari in Africa, backpacking through Europe (again), and bike/walk/bus through Asia.
- Give lots away to some very deserving charities.
- Secretly send deserving hardworking kids to college for free.
- Make my hardworking parent’s dreams realities.
I asked Joe what he would do if he won. He had similar answers but was torn between going to school for years and years or going on a permanent vacation. If only that was the toughest decision in life.
What would you do if you hit the Lotto?